To decrease the chances of wearing out the finish on your gold plated jewelry, here are easy ways on keeping the luster of your gold plated items. As it is a thin layer of gold, extra care should be taken to maximize its lifespan.
- Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold plated jewelry. Wear your jewelry after you have sprayed on your favorite perfume so that chemicals on the spray or perfume does not interact with your jewelry’s metal.
- Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your gold plated ring, bracelet or necklace.
- Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, perfume and the like may react with metal/plated jewelry and will cause it to tarnish easily. This also goes with sweat, so make sure you don’t forget to remove your gold plated jewelry when you exercise or anything that would require heavy physical work, and also when swimming.
- Every after use, clean your plated jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt it has acquired. Gently rubbing the surface of your gold plated jewelry using a soft jewelry cloth also helps restore shine.
- If your jewelry needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water. Soak it for a few minutes and you may clean it with a soft brush. Stay away from jewelry cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will just make your gold plated jewelry tarnish more quickly.
- To avoid scratches, wrap your jewelry in a soft cloth after cleaning or keep it in a jewelry box separate from other types of jewelry you have.
Remember that these are items are PLATED. Anything plated will eventually turn with time and wear. We do not recommend any plated item to be worn on a daily basis.
REMOVE AT NIGHT. do not sleep with plated jewelry, night sweat and the extra rubbing against the skin will cause the plating to wear off faster. some people might be allergic to the base metal (varies from item to item, manufacturer to manufacturer) and having an item on 24 hrs might cause an unwanted reaction. remove at night to avoid skin reactions and extend the lifecycle of your items